Estate Agents In York

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Will the rain stop in time to save my tagetes seed? | Allan Jenkins

Endless wet days are making it impossible to pick seeds from flower heads – and there’s no red tagetes quite like mine

Steady rain for near endless days, wet leaves littered like old confetti. I want to do stuff at the allotment, but the ground is still sodden. I am exiled by wet. It’s not that there are many chores – it is November after all. But the red tagetes are soaked and fallen and I want to save the plant’s seed. I have carried it with me for a dozen years now. Maybe more than any other, it feels important to keep it alive.

It came to me almost by accident, in a mixed batch from Lila Towle at the Danish Seed Savers. Originally found at the Danish Agricultural Museum, and thought to be German in origin, it was renamed Ildkongen (Fire King).

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2KOK7ee
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment