Estate Agents In York

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Our roof terrace garden is a calm, healing space | Allan Jenkins

We wrap up, sip tea – or wine – and wait for brighter days

The plot is close to hibernation, hunkered like a hedgehog, though not yet as sleepy. I am about to sow broad beans. I have moved the kales from their nursery beds. I stand and watch the amaranth fall. I pick kale and chard for midweek suppers, a couple of autumn carrots. I guard the puntarelle. But there is no denying winter now, so this week a few more thoughts on caring for flowers in pots.

When we first came to our home, the roof terrace was an abandoned bike yard – old cycles for almost every age, bits of retired furniture, its floor tiled in asbestos. No grass, no soil, but our own outside space.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/32S3RDJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment