Estate Agents In York

Saturday, November 16, 2019

How to grow tradescantia | Alys Fowler

A spiderwort was my first love and we’re still going strong

When I was about 16, my biology teacher showed me a tradescantia cell under a microscope. For the life of me I can’t remember what we were looking at: stomata or the effects of plasmolysis, perhaps? I just remember looking up from the minute world of cells in this simple plant and falling headlong in love. Not long after that I took over the biology department greenhouse and the rest, as they say, is history.

If I was rewriting my past, I’d insert an orchid or a carnivorous plant, but instead I chose the one that the biology department couldn’t kill. And for that reason, I’d recommend it to you, too.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2CKOVgb
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment