Estate Agents In York

Friday, November 8, 2019

The trivial tasks that haunt our to-do lists | Emma Brockes

I suspect that thinking about my broken vacuum cleaner functions as a small diversion from other anxieties

For a while, it was anything to do with insurance that would break me. I’d file my taxes roughly on time, conscientiously plough through the rest of my to-do list, then let a major piece of insurance lapse because the thought of picking up the phone to talk to an agent was apparently too much to bear. A similar lassitude took hold around the broken booster on my wifi. I thought about the booster and talked about the booster in inverse proportion to my efforts to fix it.

We hold our lives together with tape and string until something trivial comes along to undo us.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Crih2W
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment