Estate Agents In York

Sunday, August 9, 2020

Where to now? End of eviction ban leaves tenants fearing for future

Soon landlords will be able to take action against renters again, which many fear could lead to a rise in homelessness

After being furloughed from her job as a cleaning manager during lockdown, Denise (54)* is fearful about what the future holds. Her rent and bills add up to £1,000 which leaves her with just £150 a month for groceries, so she has had to rely on her local food bank.

“My landlady keeps harassing me as she wants me out,” says the mother-of-one. “I asked her if we could come to an agreement on the rent while we saw what happened. She went ballistic and demanded I pay it all. I’ve managed to keep paying in full but she’s still on at me to get out. You’re always one step away from eviction.”

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2PFQ7aQ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment