Estate Agents In York

Saturday, August 22, 2020

'A gardening career was not what was expected of me': one man's journey from law to lawn

Rajat Jindal fell in love with gardening as a child, but it was only when he bought a tiny thatched cottage later in life that he could finally indulge his passion

There is a photograph of me, aged four or five, pushing a lawnmower, wearing smart, red, leather shoes. It was taken at our home in Durham, about a year before my father died. Although it’s clearly a posed shot, I like to think it shows an early interest in gardening.

My parents had emigrated from India in 1955. Following my father’s death in 1967, it was assumed my mother would return with me and my brother. Instead, she immersed herself in her work as a doctor and in gardening. By 1972, we were living in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, with half an acre of land.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3aPka9O
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment