Estate Agents In York

Saturday, August 15, 2020

Busy days and the cool mornings on the plot | Allan Jenkins

There’s still much to do on the allotment – and just time to sow some late-summer salads

Two weeks now playing catch up. Fire-fighting: hours at the weed-face, hoe in hand. Some speed is of the essence. I rip out the tired tear peas, a bit too pallid now and exhausted, like me. I pick through for dried pods to save seed. I leave the two hazel structures. I am still craving the height. Not ready yet to pack the summer wigwams away. I have hopes for hand-high morning glory.

Visits are twice a day, early and late, most days. Hoeing, weeding, feeding, no longer standing totally straight. A penance of sorts, paying in the hours I owe. The plot is a stern taskmaster. I wish for an osteopath.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/343BLcV
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment