Estate Agents In York

Saturday, June 20, 2020

‘I’ve felt supported by my plants’: how one exotic garden burst into life in lockdown

Visitors are the lifeblood of Jimi Blake’s exotic Irish garden, so what did he do when they had to be kept out?

When Jimi Blake closed Hunting Brook Gardens, in County Wicklow, Ireland, at the end of March, he went into a frenzy of propagating. “I’ve grown 1,000 plants from seed,” he says, including the rare umbel, Monizia edulis (a tree carrot that comes from the cliffs of Madeira), squash, sweetcorn, peas and Florence fennel. “I’ve had time to start a vegetable garden, which I hadn’t done in years. I usually spend a lot on plants, but I’ve realised I don’t need to. My polytunnels and greenhouse are as good as a plant fair.”

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Yg9r3O
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment