Estate Agents In York

Wednesday, May 13, 2020

I'm pruning and planting, but one gardening mystery remains. How do snails get up to the fourth floor?

I’ve revived sad trays of greenery rescued from forecourts and even – oh, joy – found an app that tells me which plant is which

I don’t have a garden, but I’m lucky enough to have a bit of a terrace with some pots on it. The tending of these pots, along with the ironing of socks and dusting of ornaments, is something I have always left to my mum but she is isolating much more than a fork’s length away, so it is down to me to take charge. There are two important things you need for gardening: an appreciation of plants and stuff, and a certain amount of patience. I only have one of these.

I started by tearing out indiscriminately anything I judged to be overgrown. Over the phone my mum implored me not to be too hard on the bay tree, but I’ve savaged the thing, showing it, among other unkempt-looking greenery, who is the boss. In the space cleared, I have probably planted far too much new stuff, having sourced dozens of pots and trays of sad-looking plants, mainly from petrol station forecourts.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3brYWxL
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment