Estate Agents In York

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Small wonders: choose pot plants for a perfect summer display

It’s not too late to add a splash of colour. These flowers thrive in containers, in even the smallest of spaces

Over the past two years, I have accumulated a little collection of terracotta pots in a sheltered corner of the Garden Museum in London, where I am head gardener. The largest is no wider than 30cm (12in), the smallest the size of my hand. They allow me to trial plants I haven’t grown before, and together form an uplifting, colourful display. Through spring they have bulged with yellow uvularias, bright dicentras and the tubular blooms of corydalis. Most enjoyable is the ease of maintenance: I can water by hand, feed as necessary and rearrange to my heart’s content.

With spring now almost over, I’m transferring these plants to suitable homes throughout the garden and preparing to refill the pots. Like many gardeners in lockdown, I want bright, long-lasting blooms, but also low maintenance: pot-tolerant species able to cope with my reduced visits to the garden.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3dfPKOw
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment