Estate Agents In York

Wednesday, May 6, 2020

How can I find a new place to live with social distancing in place

My partner has moved out but my landlord insists I keep on paying the full rent although during lockdown I can’t move

I shared a flat and rental payments with my partner until March when the relationship ended and he moved out. The fully paid-up tenancy lasts until mid June and the notice period is two months, so if I don’t want it to roll over, I need to give notice now. Due to social distancing rules, I don’t know if I’ll be able to move house in June, but equally I can’t afford to keep on paying the rent by myself. I have offered the landlord a reduced monthly rate between June and August, after which I will move out if lockdown is lifted. The landlord, a multi-national corporation, is adamant that I must pay the full market rate if I stay, even though they are unlikely to find a new tenant during the pandemic. I’m faced with the prospect of having to move out while being uncertain as to how I’m going to view, sign up to and move into somewhere new with the social distancing regulations in place.

MD, London

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Wayy77
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment