Estate Agents In York

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Ask the experts: home buying | How can we 'do the splits' on our mortgage?

Technically, I own 63.5% of our maisonette and my boyfriend owns 36.5%. But his family gave us a new kitchen. Should I recoup the exact sum I put in?

Q I appreciate it’s an unusual time to be concerned with mortgage splits, but my boyfriend and I bought a house more than a year ago and we still haven’t drafted a deed of trust. With all the uncertainties at the moment, we agree now is a good time – we just need to agree on the terms.

We bought a maisonette that needed a lot of work. I had the deposit from my savings (27%), we split the mortgage equally, and he’s worked hard renovating the place. He’s freelance, which was of course his choice, but I do appreciate this has probably eaten into his earnings.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2KTkKaJ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment