Estate Agents In York

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

A unexpected 'extra' when I cancelled a flexible holiday booking - a voucher

I also had cancellation cover but Holiday Extra has still refused the refund I am due

I made a flexible booking with cancellation cover from Holiday Extras for an airport hotel and parking and, on 11 March, I cancelled it. I was promised a full refund. Two weeks later they offered a voucher, instead. A statement appeared on its website announcing that all customers who cancelled bookings after 17 March would receive a voucher, not a refund, which was irrelevant to my case. I again requested the refund and received another confirmation that I would get my money back within 30 days.

A further month went by and I was informed it was changing its terms and conditions because Covid-19 was a force majeure and I had to accept a voucher. My cancellation wasn’t related to Covid-19. It has now removed the 17 March statement from its website. I don’t understand how, having written to me on three occasions confirming it was processing my refund, it is able to change its terms and conditions.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3bn9AFS
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment