Estate Agents In York

Saturday, January 4, 2020

What to do with your Christmas tree | Alys Fowler

The needles make excellent ericaceous compost and the branches can be used for pea or bean supports

Is your Christmas tree looking a little sad? One might imagine it is by now, for the ghost has truly flown, and left a flurry of needles on your floor. Still, let us not waste this moment to honour the tree’s life with a good bit of recycling.

If I am honest, I don’t have a tree to recycle because I am not a fan of the Christmas tree tradition. So mostly I have to steal other people’s trees. I go around collecting up the corpses left out with the bins (clearly not the ones destined for the council recycling scheme) and take them back to my allotment.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/35m3QZZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment