Estate Agents In York

Saturday, January 18, 2020

Norman conquest: an imaginatively restored French farmhouse

With everything from running water to a new roof needed, the key to updating this once-derelict farm in Normandy was patience

When Vincent Dewas first came to view the farm that is now his Normandy home, several potential buyers had already been put off by its derelict condition. But one glance at the property and its adjoining outhouses, built in 1875, was all it took. “I didn’t need to go inside to make up my mind,” he says. “What sold it to me was its proportions, the extensive grounds and the fact it sits quietly in Le Perche national park, close to the village of Bellême, surrounded by trees and cows. I told the agent I wanted it and I signed the papers there and then on the bonnet of the car.”

In France, we take the occupation of antique-hunting so seriously that we have a verb for it – chiner

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2sBlYBM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment