Estate Agents In York

Friday, January 31, 2020

Let’s move to the north Pembrokeshire coast: a place to escape the universe’s ills

Pretty, alluring and a tad quieter than the southern shores, this is an illustrious stretch of coastline

What’s going for it? It’s that time of the year when I fantasise about an escape plan, especially in the current geopolitical climate. Maybe I could move to Hokkaido and train in kintsugi. No, too clumsy of hand and, you know, kind of far. OK, maybe I could move to Brittany and open a B&B. Remember your former “career” in hospitality, Tom, pulling disastrous pints at the local? Best forgotten, eh? Or maybe I could move to the north Pembrokeshire coast and, well, do anything, really. I’d be happy as Larry employed in whatever you threw at me anywhere from St David’s Head to Cemaes Head, so long as I had a brisk walk and a pint in the Golden Lion to look forward to. It’s an illustrious stretch of coastline: a little less visited than the southern coast, but just as alluring, as if purpose-built for gannet-spotting, rugged strolls along knobbly cliffs and discovering sandy coves untouched by human toes. It’s a prime spot for escaping the ills of the universe. Personally, on my days off, I’d roam the Preseli hilltops and study the Neolithic dolmen scattered hereabouts. Who knows, one day I might open that B&B, with a kintsugi school attached.

The case against Getting around may be problematic. Jobs are often seasonal. Hotspots, such as Newport, are crowded in summer.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/36GN3BH
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment