Estate Agents In York

Sunday, October 20, 2019

Will I have to pay the higher rate stamp duty on new property?

I’m buying the house with a new partner, but I am still named on a previous mortgage

Q Shortly before my ex-wife and I separated, we bought a house together. We are now divorced and both have new partners. I am still named on the mortgage and until recently was a joint tenant on the property with my now ex-wife.

I have just signed the paperwork to sever the joint tenancy and will become tenants in common. I also have no beneficial interest in the property since the date of our separation. My ex-wife is legally bound by court order to use all endeavours to release me from the mortgage on the property by May 2020.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2oYpG6J
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment