Estate Agents In York

Tuesday, October 8, 2019

While I live with three minute showers in this drought, I know people in the cities are wasting precious water | Stephanie Gardiner

Growing up being constantly reminded that water is finite and rain is unreliable is in the back of my mind wherever I go

An urban legend went around town during the peak of a drought when I was a child.

The story was someone had pulled up their floor during a home renovation and discovered an old newspaper clipping predicting the drought and the date it would finally break. Depending on who was telling the story, it was someone’s neighbour, their cousin or their grandmother who had found the century-old article.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2AVUnMg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment