Estate Agents In York

Saturday, October 19, 2019

The rain has hammered the amaranth…

A few dry days and winter sun may hold back the decline. I’ll leave it late to save precious seed

Summer’s been dismantled. Packed away. The plot is hunkering down nearer the ground. Kala’s garden, too, has been half-cleared, now sitting in jugs and drying on shelves. Huge heads of sunflowers, seeds to be shared with friends and family.

I have left the sweet pea structures on the plot, though the flowers are long gone. Two have been colonised by nasturtiums, tendrils reaching hungrily out as though to snare passers-by. The last wigwam is now webbed by an iridescent morning glory, its seed sent to me by a reader. New to me, I will grow them again every year, purple as Prince.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2VXBHoZ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment