Estate Agents In York

Saturday, July 4, 2020

How to grow Mexican fleabane | Alys Fowler

These daisy-like flowers will happily self-seed to bring beautiful disorder

The delicate, daisy-like flowers of Mexican fleabane, Erigeron karvinskianus, need little introduction. It’s the plant of walls and pavement cracks that, if happy, will seed itself effortlessly into improbably small spots. The first time I became aware of it was when I had to mow the ridiculously perfect strips of lawn that sit either side of Wisley’s formal pond – a task I was always going to fail, because I am not the sort to make straight lines. I wasn’t doing badly at the start, but veered off wildly when I saw this little daisy spilling out down the steps: after all the restrained formality of rectangles, planes and lines, here was a wild thing cascading with gay abandon.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2VM5PF1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment