Estate Agents In York

Sunday, July 26, 2020

I'm putting up half the cash for a house – what should I get if we sell?

My partner is paying with part savings, part mortgage and he will deal with the bills

Q My partner and I are buying a house costing £385,000.

I will be contributing half the price in cash while my partner will pay for the other half with £22,500 in savings and a mortgage of £170,000 which he will repay. I no longer work outside the home as we have two children so my partner pays all the bills and he also intends to pay for decorating the house.

I want the deed to say that, if we were to split up and sell the house, I would get my £192,500 back and he would get whatever was left after paying off the mortgage. But he is saying that because I will be contributing nothing to paying for the house, the split should be different even though I own half the property and would pay half of the cost of anything that needed doing such as an extension or new windows and doors. Am I being unfair?
RB

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3jKaMZe
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment