Estate Agents In York

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Is a bill for council tax empty homes premium correct?

Grandparents are being charged for time the house was uninhabited – but they didn’t own it then

Q I am writing to you in the hope you can help clarify and maybe help us with a dispute with West Lancashire borough council regarding the empty homes premium. My grandparents (for whom I hold power of attorney) have recently moved to west Lancashire to be close to me and my wife.

Upon completion of the purchase of their new home they were issued with a council tax bill that includes a surcharge for the empty homes premium. It turns out the property had been empty for more than two years as the previous owner had been moved to a nursing home and my grandparents are being charged for the time it was uninhabited even though they did not own the property at the time.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2OGydo1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment