Estate Agents In York

Saturday, March 7, 2020

Vegetables, fruit, flowers – I’m greedy for all seeds | Allan Jenkins

There are seed packets are all over the place. As sowing starts, it’s time to sort out this addiction

I have something of the hoarder, like an old bachelor found buried under stacks of books and papers. Yet with me it is always seed.

I am determined this year to face it: my demon of addiction. So today I spent three hours gathering bags and packets of seed, scattered throughout the house; in the kitchen, living room, bedroom, in bowls and boxes. First, sorting them into manageable types: ‘fruit’, such as beans, peas, squash and courgettes; ‘leaf’, which were mainly assorted salads and cooking greens; ‘root’, such as radishes and beetroots of assorted hues; and ‘flower’ – crazed amounts of nasturtiums, tagetes, calendula and poppies. There is even a special category for Italian chicories.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2xm7w2H
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment