Estate Agents In York

Thursday, March 26, 2020

Confined in rental apartments, millennials decorate virtual homes

Interior design apps are on the rise as homeownership rates among people under 35 have fallen by 20% in the last decade

Out of a desperate desire to avoid the doom-and-gloom news reel for at least a few hours a day and with Covid-19 keeping me confined at home, I have become interiors-obsessed. There’s no more pleasant distraction than searching for the perfect rug to really pull a room together, debating variations of patterned wallpaper, or agonizing over exactly how many scatter cushions are too many scatter cushions.

An hour or two a day can easily be wiled away planning a whole-house refurbishment. The only problem is, like most young people, I don’t actually own a home that I can decorate. Instead, I’ve been sucked into the world of decorating apps, and their creators have been expecting people like me – permanently renting millennials, AKA “Generation Rent”.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3bywzyl
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment