Estate Agents In York

Saturday, March 28, 2020

How to grow bugles | Alys Fowler

It’s a seriously good bee and butterfly plant that doesn’t mind poor soil, thrives in shade and grows quickly

I have fallen for a very ordinary sort of plant; the small woodlander, Ajuga reptans, or bugle. It’s a native that’s fond of damp forest floors, where it creates a dense carpet of small blue flowers that are delightful: not showy or spectacular, just rather lovely and flowering right through to early summer.

It’s not just any ajuga that has caught my eye. Ajuga reptans ‘Rosea’, as its name suggests, is a pale rose-coloured form. I have planted it under one of my apples, near a bench that catches the first of the morning sun and is perfect for a quick coffee as I take in the blossom before the day starts. The blush-pink apple blossom is mirrored in a pool of pink below; I have never been so shamelessly romantic.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3bBGOlv
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment