Estate Agents In York

Monday, March 9, 2020

My partner is moving in and we're planning to share our mortgage

I’m also wondering how to make sure my children are going to be OK if I should die

Q My partner is about to move in with me and is contributing £10,000 from the sale of his flat. I however already have a hefty equity of around £210,000. The property is worth around £330,000.

When he moves in I am going to put him on to the mortgage and then we will immediately re-mortgage to pay for home improvements of around £70,000. We will then have a total mortgage of around £160,000 which we will be paying off jointly in 50-50 payments. What is the fairest way to divide up the shares in the house as tenants in common? Also, I have two children from a previous relationship (he has no children), so what would happen to their inheritance if I died? Do I need a life insurance policy? I’m finding it all very confusing and would appreciate your help.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2VYpFOe
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment