Estate Agents In York

Saturday, July 13, 2019

When we’re on holiday, do our gardens miss us | Allan Jenkins

Everything has gone wild and some serious effort is needed to restore garden and gardener’s happiness

The best-planted plans... This is a return to the allotment after near three weeks away. I had put in the work. I had weeded and fed, I had sowed new rows and organised watering cover (thank you, Lene). Howard had promised to pop in.

The salads were all up before I went, the peas and beans were adolescent, there was coriander, and fresh leaves and early potatoes: the bright, light tastes of summer. So why do I feel so guilty as I walk towards the plot on my first early mid-June morning after being away?

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/30BKm1F
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment