Estate Agents In York

Saturday, July 27, 2019

Little house, big home: the Parisian pad that’s both solo retreat and family space

Vintage furniture and exposed beams meet modern styling in this open-plan 19th-century Paris maisonette

Camille Hernand’s Paris maisonette is designed with solitude in mind. The architect’s three children, Madeleine, 10, Adelaïde, nine, and Honoré, five, divide their time between here and their father’s house, on alternate weeks. Stylish steel-framed internal glazed doors and windows, and open-plan spaces where walls once divided, help her feel less enclosed and alone when her brood ups sticks. “Even when my children aren’t here, I have a sense of their presence and personalities,” she says. “If it was a house of ordinary walls and doors, I believe it would feel different. I would feel the solitude. It’s important that when they return, this place immediately feels welcoming, open and like home. But, equally, the house has to feel good for me on my ‘off’ weeks, when everything goes quiet.”

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2LJJUe5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment