Estate Agents In York

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Killing plants is a gardener’s rite of passage

All the great horticulturists have lost dozens of plants, so don’t be afraid to treat your duds as a learning experience

It’s a fear I am forever hearing from my friends, on social media, even down the pub: “I would love to grow plants, but I killed my last one.” For timid first-timers, it seems, the idea of plants dying is one that fills them with dread, so much so that it put off even the most nature-loving ones from embarking on their horticultural adventure.

So I’ll let you in on a secret: I have killed plants, too. In fact, even though I get paid to tell people how to grow them, I have killed hundreds, maybe even thousands. And when I get together with my best mates, who all happen to be professional horticulturists at places like Kew Gardens and the Royal Horticultural Society, you know what we talk about? The plants we’ve recently killed.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Zh59Hh
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment