Estate Agents In York

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

An informal apprenticeship led me to a career in gardening – and TV

Dropping out of college for a job in a garden centre went down like a lead balloon with my parents. But it really helped prepare me for the real world

I started my career with a Saturday job at a garden centre. I was studying for A-levels but I hated college, so I dropped out – which went down like a lead balloon with my parents. I went to work at the garden centre full time over the summer.

By the end of the summer I realised I probably ought to do some training. It was that wonderful thing of being a teenager and feeling like you know everything then having to eat humble pie.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2OmuH2v
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment