Estate Agents In York

Saturday, December 28, 2019

Her dark materials: a fabric designer’s East Sussex home

Anna Hayman draws inspiration from art nouveau colours and floral motifs

For someone who makes a habit of covering the surfaces of her home in colour, glitter and pattern, Anna Hayman is surprisingly restrained with festive decorations. “I still have baubles and little statues from when I was a child, so I prefer to use those sparingly, rather than go crazy with new ones,” she says. “Otherwise the rooms would just look too overloaded.”

That’s because, year-round, Hayman’s home is her own den of maximalism. She designs patterns for fabrics, wallpapers and tiles and her home has always been a space where she would try out ideas, often repainting rooms on a whim. “For the sake of my marriage, I’ve slowed down a bit now,” she smiles.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2rwEZES
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment