Estate Agents In York

Sunday, April 14, 2019

‘I have PTSD and got depressed’: how no-fault evictions affect tenants

Annie Goodwin, 73, says three no-fault eviction notices in six years have taken their toll

When Annie Goodwin was given her first no-fault eviction notice, it terrified her. She remembers the moment a letter came in the post, explaining that she had to leave the property within two months. It happened two days before Christmas Eve.

“The letter arrived on 22 December … I was told my landlord needed the property for family members. I had two months to get out in the middle of winter. I went into a complete state of shock and could not do anything. I was stunned,” she says.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2VLn5Ii
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment