Estate Agents In York

Monday, March 25, 2019

Women’s lib freed us from domestic drudgery – so what’s with today’s competitive cleaning? | Suzanne Moore

Forget about gleaming worktops and shiny showerheads. Life is for living, not for tidying your cutlery tray

The world is a mess. Pollution and all that eco-jazz. Your body is also a mess, full of toxins that need cleansing. Your skin is ungodly and needs a good hot-cloth treatment and expensive cream. And your house? Well, it’s an absolute tip.

Foxes have eaten my recycling, so rubbish is strewn all over the road. A card was popped through my door offering to steam my carpets, a treatment that seemed more expensive than buying some new carpets. The last man who cleaned my windows disappeared after a complicated divorce and, quite frankly, I can’t be bothered any more.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2Tu9Z0o
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment