Estate Agents In York

Friday, October 12, 2018

Elena Ferrante: ‘I devote myself to plants. Is it because I am afraid of them?’

Plants are prisoners, yet they extend, twist, creep their way in

I love plants. Maybe even more than animals, more than cats, which I adore. I like everything about plants, but I always feel as though I know nothing. I buy them at the nursery, I distribute them on balconies and in every room, I plant them in the ground in the garden. I learn their names, including the scientific ones, and I write down in a notebook how much to water them, when to give them hormones, whether they need a lot of sun or a little.

And not only that: I study the types of soil, the time for pruning and the techniques. I worry about late freezes as if they were earthquakes or tidal waves.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2QNUH5I
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment