Estate Agents In York

Sunday, September 9, 2018

I think an estate agent has misled me – can I recover my costs?

I wasn’t told about the poor state of the roof when I asked why previous sales had fallen through

Q I’m in the process of purchasing a property and have had my offer accepted. I’ve also just had a building survey completed that has highlighted serious issues with the roof, which means that extensive work or replacement is required.

The property has been on the market for more than a year with a number of failed sales. At the time of putting in my offer, I asked why the sales fell through and if there was any major remedial work that was required, the estate agent cited various reasons, but none were due to the building condition. That contradicts what my surveyor told me which was that he’d previously done a valuation on the same property whereby he’d given a much lower valuation because of the condition of the roof. Based on my surveyor’s comments I feel the estate agent has either lied or been misleading about the condition of the property and about the reasons for the failure of previous sales. So far I’ve paid out for the survey and various conveyancing costs. Do I have any recourse against the estate agent to recover my costs?
GS

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2wZcwY5
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment