Estate Agents In York

Saturday, September 29, 2018

Where to move for… warmth

It’s in Kent, it’s had the highest temperature ever recorded in the UK, and it’s Faversham

I miss summer. Don’t get me wrong; I love a conker. Nothing more exciting than mists and mellow fruitfulness. And I know, I know, climate change, wildfires, drought… But, ah, just remember that heat. Normally I wouldn’t need an excuse to move to Faversham.

Never been? Medieval streets, haunted abbey, Shepherd Neame HQ, hidden gem, etc. Also location of the highest temperature ever recorded in the UK, 38.5C in 2003; and the highest recorded during last summer’s heatwaves, 35.3C. To be the hottest place in the UK once I can understand, but twice? Fishy. Is there a giant volcano sitting underneath Boots on Preston Street?

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2y2tW5Q
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment