Estate Agents In York

Saturday, September 1, 2018

Houseplants: the gift that keeps on giving

Three good reasons why a potplant is a much better gift than a bouquet

Now don’t get me wrong, I love cut flowers. I even worked in a flower shop to put myself through university. But recently I have fallen head over heels in love with something that I feel simply beats most of them hands down in pretty much every way: flowering houseplants. Despite the massive renaissance of houseplant love, the flowering ones seem still to be languishing behind the trend.

If you are considering buying a bunch of cut flowers for a date/house visit/birthday present, here is what swapping it for a flowering houseplant could give you. First, cut flowers have a far shorter shelf-life than houseplants. We are usually talking a week tops. Then you have to chuck out the slimy, smelly vase water and wash everything up. I really loathe that job. Houseplants, however, can remain in flower not just for weeks but months, even years if you get the right species and lavish on the care. Even if totally neglected, houseplants take quite a while to die.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2wxQ9J1
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment