Estate Agents In York

Saturday, April 18, 2020

JK Rowling: her old home is where her heart is | Rebecca Nicholson

The author has snapped up the house she grew up in… complete with youthful graffiti she left behind

Last week, I found myself looking at the house I spent most of my teenage years in, through Google Street View on my laptop screen. I had spoken to someone on the phone for work and during the conversation I discovered that they had grown up in the same small village as I did, at roughly the same time.

I rarely meet anyone who knows the place I’m from, never mind grew up there, so the coincidence floored me. I typed in my old postcode and dragged the cursor down the lane until it landed in front of the house. I could still see a garden ornament that we had left there and the garage my dad had built for himself.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/34KYxEM
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment