Estate Agents In York

Saturday, January 5, 2019

I confess: I'm a floor enthusiast

Every time I come home, I admire the Victorian tiles in my hallway. Well, I feed my cat, make a cup of tea and then I admire them

There is an Instagram account called @IHaveThisThingWithFloors. I also have a thing with floors, and so, apparently, do more than 830,000 other people. This account is the antidote to the snaps that smug holidayers take of their feet on beaches, sand spilling over their toes. Smug feet all look the same and sand is beige. But I have this thing with floors: specifically, with tiles and flagstones.

Some of my recent favourites that fellow floor enthusiasts have posted on the app include a fuchsia baroque floor; a multicoloured ikat design; a tiled seascape decorating an indoor pool. In my flat, which is on the ground floor of a converted Victorian terrace, the traditional brown, blue, white mosaic diamond tiles of that period seep under the door from the main hallway. Every time I come home, I admire them. Well, I feed my cat, make a cup of tea and then I admire them.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2F9rKPW
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment