Estate Agents In York

Saturday, January 5, 2019

Big style in a little space

A small flat in the redeveloped BBC TV Centre has been cleverly furnished to maximise space

Behind the sweeping curves of the restored 1950s, grade-II-listed former BBC Television Centre Helios building in west London, Sophie Ashby and Charlie Casely-Hayford’s compact one-bedroom flat is a trove of unexpected delights. This is no surprise since both Ashby, who heads up the Studio Ashby interiors practice, and her menswear-designer husband Casely-Hayford, live and breathe design for a living. Ashby, who bought the apartment off-plan four years ago, was keen to make a considered choice as it was her first owned home.

“At the time I had just started my business and wanted to get on the property ladder, but also I knew I wasn’t going to be able to get a mortgage without three years of accounts,” explains Ashby. “So this was a neat solution – you pay in instalments over the years. Charlie and I had only just met, so I wasn’t necessarily thinking about the future.”

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian http://bit.ly/2CR0e7q
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment