Estate Agents In York

Saturday, December 8, 2018

Hannah Weiland: ‘I like to do things slowly. It gives a home personality’

The fashion designer’s mews home is a colourful blend of old favourites and new styles

It’s a mist-wreathed December morning and Hannah Weiland is in her element. “I love winter because it gives me the chance to wear a coat or jacket all the time,” says the fashion designer whose label, Shrimps, is best known for its painterly, faux-fur outerwear. “Even at sweltering parties I’ll be the one in a coat,” she laughs as she greets me at her front door cocooned in one of her latest, guilt-free designs. It’s a glossy black jacket adorned with a jacquard-woven daffodil motif which, she tells me, was inspired by springtime in her parents’ garden.

Nature is a constant source of ideas for Weiland, 28, whose childhood was split between houses in London and the country. One of four children, she recalls a “fondly indulged” upbringing of “flowers, guinea pigs, ducklings and dogs. I love animals which is why I could never wear real fur.” There is a rural feel to the west London home she shares with her husband, Arthur Guinness (a descendant of the brewing dynasty) and Lionel McGruff, the miniature poodle. It is a mews house – the ground floor used to be a stable. Apart from taking down a wall, Weiland has kept the decoration simple. Tongue-and-groove panelling, a butler’s sink and a log-burning stove add to the rus in urbe atmosphere.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2rntiNg
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment