Estate Agents In York

Saturday, December 15, 2018

'Be prepared to play'? a glorious converted semi in west London

Huge murals and humorous details work together to give this 1930s semi a bold and modern look

Pop art, industrial-inspired design, global handicrafts and antiques, 70s glamour and lots of colour: you could never say that Preston Schroeder was afraid of mixing it up. “I’ve always wanted to develop a house that reflects my personality,” says Schroeder, who lives here with his partner Marcus and their teenage daughter Dulcie. The couple had renovated and sold homes, but when they found this 1930s semi in southwest London, it was time to stay – and inject the individuality that had been missing.

“I initially discounted this house because it was on a busy road, but property was so scarce I ended up looking at it anyway,” says Schroeder. “It was rented out, and the tenant hadn’t looked after it. The garden was like a forest. But I knew that we could completely reinvent it. I remember standing on the first floor, looking out to the garden, with a smile on my face, thinking: ‘This is the one.’”

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2PJ77Li
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment