Estate Agents In York

Saturday, November 17, 2018

Swipe right for succulents: gardening in the age of Instagram

How to get the most out of propagation parties and #plantspiration

After years of rolling my eyes as my mother and grandmother rhapsodised over wisteria on my walk to school, or took covert cuttings from National Trust gardens, I’ve now, in my early 30s, accepted what’s clearly in my genes: I love gardening. And it’s not just me who’s come round to this viewpoint: millennials spend more than their parents on pot plants, and #gardeninglife is turning Instagram every shade of green.

So why have cuttings become cutting edge? One factor is that my generation are increasingly concerned about the environment, cutting down – or out – on meat and dairy, buying organic where possible, and yearning to grow. One sign of this is that allotment waiting lists are on the rise, according to the National Allotment Society.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2OP5QBI
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment