Estate Agents In York

Sunday, November 11, 2018

Should I give my daughter a loan to buy the home she rents from me?

I won’t need the rental income once I start getting my state pension in six months’ time

Q I am 64 years old and a homeowner, but I also own a second property worth around £180,000, which I bought with an inheritance. I rent this house for a modest sum to my daughter. She is a mature student who is finishing university this year and hopefully will soon move into full-time employment.

I pay no tax at present, but when I reach 65 in six months’ time I will receive my state pension, which, taken together with the rental income, will push me over the personal tax allowance.

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2PR2RgQ
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment