Estate Agents In York

Saturday, November 3, 2018

How to grow erythroniums | Alys Fowler

I have plenty of time for daffodils and tulips, but in this corner of my garden, I want a bit of magic

I always dreamed of creating a garden library, a small room to sit and read in, nestled at the bottom of the garden. I’ve never realised this dream, because it would require cutting down a magnolia and despite my ambivalent feelings for it, I can’t justify taking it down for a building. Every year it rejoices at this and spreads its shade a little further.

So instead, this autumn I am going to embrace the bottom of the garden for what it is – a tiny slice of a woodland – and plant all sorts of lovely woodland things; by the time I have finished it will be a place to sit and read, though not in the rain.

Continue reading...

from Home And Garden | The Guardian https://ift.tt/2zqRUIr
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment