Estate Agents In York

Sunday, September 20, 2020

Can I get a mortgage if my only income is from lodgers?

I receive about £1,600 a month from them and I may have to give up my job to look after a relative

Q Can I still get a mortgage if my only income is from my lodgers? It is about £1,600 a month. I may have to give up my job to look after a relative.
SA

A The short answer is no. There are very few mortgage lenders who are prepared to take income from lodgers into account when working out how much they are prepared to lend. And, according to Pete Mugleston of onlinemortgageadvisor.co.uk, “even lenders who do accept lodger income are unlikely to offer you a mortgage if you are unemployed and have no other sources of income”. Mugleston adds: “In fact, most lenders who accept lodger income stipulate that your total employed earnings must be at least £20,000 to £25,000 a year.”

Continue reading...

from Property | The Guardian https://ift.tt/3kBnkC4
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment